olta is a marble table which looks light as a feather. It' s ultra modern but references traditional craftsmanship. Elegant, slender, with harmonious aesthetics….such a piece is simply perfect for the dining room.
- What is it? Volta by MGM Marble & Stones, a marble table.
- What’s special about it? It has a modern design with a reference to classic style, which looks ethereal and makes marble looking almost weightless. And this is because it plays with solids and voids, combined with clean and curved lines. It won the Good Design Award
- How is it made? It’s made of marble and is part of the Concavo Convesso series which includes a table, various chairs, a bookcase and vases.
- Who is it by? Massimo Iosa Ghini, architect and founder of the Bolidista movement focused on a boldly dynamic look. Massimo Iosa Ghini has been awarded several Compasso d’Oro prizes and used to be a member of Sottsass’ Memphis group. He has a streamline style, almost aerodynamic, which is able to turn any material into an innovative piece.
- We have chosen it because…. Marble is an impressive material which may look “heavy” and “oppressive”. However, this table revolutionizes conventional marble table design and provides us an ethereal aesthetics, almost weightless and dynamic. And it will fits perfectly in today’s contemporary, metropolitan style.