e definitely need a rest after the trials and tribulation of the 2018 Salone del Mobile. And what better than a sauna to recharge? As long as it’s like this, it recreates the relaxing atmosphere of a forest and gives us a tailor-made anti-stress effect.
- What is? Yoku by Effegibi is a modular sauna in natural wood.
- What's special about it? Inspiration comes from Japanese natural medicine, which focuses on the benefits of the forest atmosphere. And in fact, this modular sauna, while essential in design, creates a warm and natural warm environment, just as if we were immersed in the peace of a forest.
- How is it made? It’s in wood, available in three different styles: natural Aspen, heat-treated Aspen and black natural Aspen. The stove is integrated in the lower bench, the large front window is marked by vertical elements (outside) in natural wood that also serve as a supporting structure for a open bookcase. The three standard sizes are: 184x130x214h cm; 210x180x214h; 230x200x214h.
- Who is it by? In 2001 the designer Marco Williams Fagioli started Zup with Andrea Medri and Livio Zupicich. The work of this design studio includes communication, industrial design, multimedia installations, exhibition spaces and interior design. Throughout the year the studio has won several coveted design awards such as the Compasso d'Oro award (2008-2011), plus it focuses on a holistic approach to design combining function with versatility. Marco Williams Fagioli is currently Zup’s creative director.
- We have chosen it because... Its clean and simple design can be customized to suit our needs and it integrates a bookcase too: so it fits perfectly and discreetly with the rest of our decor. But the truly magical aspect is enclosed in its atmosphere: because it gives us the peace of a real forest, in our house.