ho doesn’t love the iconic elephant figurine designed in 1945 by Charles e Ray Eames? The first of a long series of accessories that each year grows to include new pieces. They are currently on display in Paris with the other new products that have been presented at Maison&Objet 2018.
- What is it? Accessories Collection by Vitra is a collection of timeless accessories.
- What is special about it? This design-led collection includes elegant and original pieces that combine classic aesthetics and clean lines with an unconventional twist. Each piece tells its own story, always in line with the latest trends.
- How is it made? This ever-changing collection has grown from a core of classic pieces by designers the likes of Alexander Girard, George Nelson and Charles and Ray Eames. The collection now includes work by contemporary designers such as Jasper Morrison and the Bouroullec Brothers. And every year the collection grows to include pieces in fabric, ceramics and wood. This year’s new pieces include: Nuage vases by Ronan and Erwin Bouroullec, Trays and High Tray cake stand by Jasper Morrison, Tablechotes tablecloths, Metall Wall Relief wall decorations, Embroiderd cushion and 849 pen in a Limited Edition (by Caran d’Ache, Vitra and Girard) all designed by Alexander Girard. The entire collection is on display in the brand’s Paris showroom, where you can visit Artek’s Room for Living too, 22 sqm by the studio Besau Marguerre.
- Who is it by? Charles and Ray Eames were the first designers to contribute to the collection, subsequently followed by Alexander Girard, Jasper Morrison, the Bouroullec Brothers and George Nelson. Throughout the years, these internationally renowned designers worked with Vitra to expand this iconic collection, retaining the iconic aesthetics yet adding a contemporary twist.
- We have chosen it because… Accessories Collection includes simple pieces with current aesthetics, so beautiful that we’re spoilt for choice. We’ve got to collect them all, because these timeless icons suit any decor. So, Accessories Collection is a real must-have for true design addicts, just as we are!