harp architecture, sculpted geometry, revolutionary technology, strong color, an emblem of elegance. A must-have washbasin for the contemporary bathroom can be nothing less than chic, minimal and avant-garde, with no exceptions.
- What it is AK/25 by Aboutwater (the brand created by Fantini in collaboration with Boffi), the innovative and sculptural faucet.
- What makes it special Minimalist, sculptural, with defined lines and a decisive color: this faucet unites Oriental philosophy to contemporary aesthetics and instantly attracts looks for its bold elegance that hides its advanced technology. Not by chance, it won the AZ Awards 2019 (the yearly international recognition for global excellence in design) in the category of Architectural Products.
- How it is made It’s a washbasin mixer that plays with rigor, formal purity and the magic of a hidden turning spout. It also conceals advanced technical innovation in the turning spout. It is part of the Aboutwater line, a partnership between Fantini and Boffi. The collection also includes a shower mixer and deck-mount bathtub mixer.
- Whose idea it is Paik Sun Kim, the Korean designer born in 1966. After his education—he studied art at Hongik University—he cemented himself as an artist, designing various installations until 1992 when he began working in an architectural studio as an interior designer. In 1994 he founded Paik Sun Design Studio and today principally works on interior hotel design, art museums, private homes, showrooms, offices and furniture.
- We chose it because…Square, bold, but also poetic and harmonious. Art, nature and technology are blended in this “little architectural work” that makes minimalism its strength and technical and formal innovation its distinctive trait; for furnishing the bathroom with uniqueness that knows how to be discrete.