hite truffles are one life’s little luxuries that we like to indulge in now and again. If you want to treat yourself before Christmas; this is what you need to do. Alba by Alessi is a truffle-shaver that resembles a little sculpture, guaranteed to be the star of your dinner party.
- What is it? Alba by Alessi is the new truffle-shaver.
- What is special about it? Alba by Alessi comes from a design challenge: to design a kit for the delicious Alba white truffle, without renouncing on functionality. The result in a mouthwatering piece with a touch of drama, as well as being easy to use.
- How is it made? Alba is in stainless steel with an ergonomic silhouette, thanks to an 18 degree angle between handle and the blade, which makes the piece easy to hold.
- Who is it by? Ben van Berkel/UNStudio is a Dutch architecture practice, set up in 1988 by Ben van Berkel and Caroline Bos. Its projects include urban design, infrastructure and masterplans. Alba was designed during The Truffle workshop that Alessi organized in 2015 to celebrate the Alba white truffle, and this project was chosen as the winner out of 15 other entries.
- We have chosen it because… Alba by Alessi is such a crowd pleaser. After holding it for a second we realized how easy it is to use, and it has won us over in such a way that we can instantly smell the Alba white truffle.