ndo Time is an hourglass made of Murano glass, which is handcrafted and blown with a unique forming process. This is an unusual, sculptural object which marks the time with a poetical touch.
- What is it? Ando Time by Venini, an hourglass made of Murano glass
- What’s special about it? This is a real art work in Murano glass, blown with a special cast iron mold. This process isn’t as easy as it looks and is the result of a complex engineering design process which references one of the oldest and most fascinating forming processes used in blown-glass production.
- How is it made? It consists of two parts: a glass prism in Murano glass with a triangular base curved by torsion. Inside this lies a cylinder made up of two elements in different colours. The glass parts are connected by a small cylinder in titanium which leaves sand flow through.
- Who is it made by? Tadao Ando, a self-taught Japanese architect who took correspondence courses on interior design and is one of the most prominent designers of the international scene. He is inspired by nature and his style is highly intuitive.
- We have chosen it because….. The hourglass awakes poetic imaginary. What’s more, this one has a refined and dramatic aesthetic. Turn it up and you will instantly add an elegant vibe to your moments.