e it for a work trip, a relaxing holiday abroad or an adventure on the road, Bed Station by FPM is just the ticket. We’ve spotted Bed Station browsing through the previews for the 2017 Salone del Mobile, Milan; this wheelie suitcase turns into a folding bed, the perfect companion for the hectic Milan Design Week ahead.
- What is it? Bed Station by FPM is a wheelie suitcase which turns into a bed.
- What is special about it? At a first glance, Bed Station looks just like any other wheelie suitcase, but it’s actually a portable folding camping bed. The perfect companion for the modern-day nomad.
- How is it made? The case is in leather and aluminium, made with great attention to detail. All its parts turn into practical accessories, especially designed for the seasoned traveller (particularly if you often travel for work). A simple suitcase on the outside, yet it holds a proper concertina folding bed. Part of the Bank series.
- Who is it by? Born in Austria, French Designer Marc Sadler now lives and works in Milan. Throughout the years, Marc was the recipient, several times over, of the Compasso d’Oro award. His eclectic body of work includes: furniture, electric appliances, lighting design and industrial design. Marc Sadler designed Bed Station for Italian brand FPM, which since 1946 has been a leading name in the leather goods industry.
- We have chosen it because… We love to travel in style, and we love to do so without constraints. So, Bed Station by FPM brings together our nomadic soul with a desire for style: no more worrying about flight delays, overnight stays in airports, train stations and unfamiliar cities. The bed comes out in a tick, and you can rest wherever you want in total comfort.