ummer is finally in full swing, and nothing beats a refreshing ginger drink. Be at the head of the pack with Boga by Alessi. Boga by Alessi is a fish-shaped grater, perfect for preparing refreshing drinks and loading up on energy.
- What is it? Boga is the ginger grater by Alessi.
- What is special about it? Boga is inspired by a trip to the Orient and by the tapered silhouette of the fish by the same name. Boga by Alessi is a true winner: it turns a mundane utensil into a refined, fun and practical piece.
- How is it made? Boga is in satined stainless steel, inspired by the tapered silhouette of a Boga fish.
- Who is it by? Born in 1980, Milanese designer Valerio Sommella started out working with designers the calibre of Stefano Giovannoni and Marcel Wanders. Today, Valerio works in partnership with both Italian and international brands, touching a variety of different fields like lighting design, electronics and household objects. What’s his style? Valerio considers each project as an opportunity to change his perspective on design, creating links between different materials, function, technology and beauty.
- We have chosen it because… Boga is simple and practical, yet it’s distinctly on trend (in fact, ginger has made a comeback in the last couple of years). So, from simple grater to must have accessory, without a doubt Boga by Alessi will add some zest to your summer cocktails.