re you looking for the perfect Christmas gift for a real design addict? Not to worry, Cartèa is here to help: 3D Christmas cards, bookmarks illustrated with the iconic architecture of the city of Milan, tiny paintings with quotes from famous designers and boxes with unconventional shapes. Cartèa is perfect for a Christmas filled with charm and a pinch of irony.
- What is it? Cartèa is a new stationery brand that sells gift cards, boxes and notebooks.
- What is special about it? The brand-new stationery brand Cartèa is making waves for its ironic take on the design, architecture, art and food of the city of Milan. This is what we have: cubic and asymmetric gift cards, pop-up gift cards, tiny prints with quotes by famous designers...Many gift ideas for Christmas.
- How is it made? Cartèa designs and manufactures a comprehensive stationary range: gift boxes, notebooks, posters, place cards and gift cards. All items are inspired by the world of Milanese architecture and design.
- Who is it by? Cartèa is a brand-new firm that was started in 2015 and became a registered trademark in 2017. By turning conventional gift cards into fantastical tales, the brand’s founding member Valeria Girardi wants to restore paper as an essential means of communication. This is the concept behind Cartèa’s comprehensive stationery range that includes: gift cards, boxes, posters and notebooks, designs that add an ironic taste to the landmark architecture of the city of Milan.
- We have chosen it because… Sometimes, you only need a little reminder to make someone happy, and with Christmas beckoning we’re always on the hunt for original gift ideas. This stationary range (which was presented to the public at Agape12 in Milan) is exactly up our street: kirigami gift cards, ironic paintings and boxes as pretty as the gift itself.