imple cylinders brought to life by threads and irregular shapes that intertwine, bend and cling here and there creating magical colour compositions. This is the Bouroullec Brothers’ latest concept: sculptural vases that combine irony and poetry.
- What are they Découpage by Vitra, new sculptural vases.
- What is special The vases are unconventional, sculptural and distinctively modern. But they are also timeless vases, because with a pinch of irony and poetry they tell one, or rather many different stories and suggestions every time you look at them.
- How are they made They are made of ceramic and the main components is a die-cast cylinder with extruded parts that form extravagant bridges and designs. All the vases have different colours and shapes.
- Who is it by When it comes down to design, the Breton designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec have to main references: the truth of everyday life that blurs the egocentricity and authenticity of a certain type of ugliness. The delicate and poetic aesthetic of European design that has a simple style and it’s distant from the world of the archistars, the two brothers consider themselves to be reactionary as it brings together "function, history, material quality, the signs of the passing time and understated everyday life”.
- We have chosen it… The collection includes many different vases and they unique style manages to combine a strong playful instinct, a great poetic sense and the ancestral call to nature. And it transforms them into true works of contemporary art.