his piece has a simple and clean aesthetic, yet with a clear purpose: to serve us. And how, you may wonder? A variety of different trays joined together by a magnet, which you can take apart whenever you want. This is incredible design is by Matali Crasset for Danese.
- What is it? Double Life is a multi-purpose piece, made from four different trays; they are, in fact, its sides. It also includes three more trays on the inside, which work as shelves.
- What is special about it? It appears to be a conventional cabinet. However, it's constructed from several trays with built-in magnets, which can be taken apart whenever you want. Double Life is ideal as storage, to keep glasses and plates and you can also serve coffee and tea from it.
- How is it made? Steel trays with built-in corner magnets, which hook onto the structural frame.
- Who is it by? Matali Crasset, renowned industrial designer, who began her career working under people like Denis Santachiara and Philippe Starck. Her designs focus around the idea of constant research: observing daily life, bringing together different fields be it craftsmanship or contemporary art. Matali Crasset always brings to the table fresh new ideas, which are also extremely functional and fun.
- We have chosen it because… Double Life is an extremely compact and multi-purpose piece. it has a clean and simple aesthetic and can be taken apart to become various smaller items. And with a piece of furniture such as this, we can solve all of our problems in one go. Even if we don't have much space, with Double Life we can still host large parties and have many guests over. What's more, we can change its overall look by changing its colours and removing its sides. And what could be more appropriate for your holiday home, than Double Life?