ce Bucket by Design Memorabilia has a refined aesthetic and is also summery, inventive and “democratic”. Ice Bucket has given us a chill...of delight. In fact, aside from being surprisingly beautiful, it can also delay the melting of ice cubes. And this, increases our “cooling-off” time.
- What is it? Ice Bucket is a unique drinks cooler, part of the De Gustibus design collection. Ice Bucket comes from a partnership between Triennale Design Museum and Design Memorabilia. This collection was especially designed for Expo 15 and food culture: it includes 30 different pieces, each one designed by a famous designer, all of them are moderately priced and sold in museums, online and in several hand-picked stores.
- What is special about it? Ice Bucket is part vase and part glass “pot”. Ice Bucket has been designed to delay the melting of ice cubes. How is it done? Thanks to a central funnel, Ice Bucket isolates ice cubes from the pool of water which forms below.
- How is it made? Ice Bucket is entirely made out of clear glass and has a funnel-shaped central component, which stops the ice cubes from the top and lets water go passed the melting cubes.
- Who is it by? Rodolfo Dordoni, a designer admired both for his formal elegance and his shy and simple demeanour. He is discrete, yet innovative, he never gets bored of finding new answers, simply because, how he puts it “design is a machine in constant action”.
- We have chosen it because… It's hot and ice cubes are always very useful. And this special drinks cooler offers them with elegant functionality because, this ingenious and unique mechanism makes sure ice cubes melt slowly. It cannot get more convenient than this...