hree brightly coloured plates; this is Ellipse by Alessi in brief. Ellipse was introduced by Alessi at the January edition of Homi 2016. Versatile, bold, crisp, elegant and bang on trend. We bet you’ll fall in love with Ellipse, just as we have done.
- What is it? Ellipse by Alessi is a set of three plates.
- What is special about it? Ellipse is composed by three different plate. Each plate has an elegant silhouette, which, as its name suggests, recalls an ellipse and if two or more are used together, they instantly add a pop of colour. What’s more, you can use them in a thousand different ways: to serve nibbles and canapés, to hold pens and paper clips, as a jewellery box and even as a key tray.
- How is it made? Ellipse is a set of three plates. Each one comes in a different size, manufactured from a single stainless steel plate, which has been previously bent into shape. Ellipse comes in three different colours: white, yellow and turquoise.
- Who is it by? Abi Alice is an eclectic Australian designer, who spends time between her homes in London and Paris. Abi’s talents range from painting to photography, from product design to sculpture. And it’s her artistic background the thing which inspires her the most, however she also gets ideas from analysing simple geometrical shapes, the field of graphics and the abstract world.
- We have chosen it because… Ellipse has a simple and clean silhouette, which we find extremely poetic. We really like that it can be used as a set or as three individual pieces (the three colours complement each other and give life to a vibrant mix). And it goes anywhere, be it your kitchen or home office. So, Ellipse is a really easy way for adding a splash of colour.