eady to toast Christmas? We have decided to surprise our guests and opt for a patented wine glass: by stroking the glass, the wine swirls while tasting it.
- What is it Gira e Rigira by Vetrerie di Empoli, a patented wine tasting glass.
- What is special about it It’s an innovative wine tasting glass: thanks to a patented pivot fitted at the top of the stem and at the bottom of the glass (hidden or available as an embellishment in golden metal), the globe fluctuates by stroking it with your thumb, similarly to how you would conduct yourself in a wine tasting. It’s no coincidence that it was shortlisted for the ADI Design Index 2018.
- How is it made It’s a wine glass in clear crystal. By gently stroking the two tiny pivots, fitted at the top of the stem and at the bottom of the glass itself (hidden by the crystal or available as an embellishment in golden metal), the glass delicately rotates, swirling the wine in turn.
- Who is it by The owner of Vetrerie di Empoli, Franco Parentini was inspired by the actions and rituals that the Italians have, linked to wine: from smelling its scent to swirling it in the glass. Established in 1938, Vetrerie di Empoli focuses on glass manufacture and has currently established itself in the world of luxury goods thanks to increasingly more refined products that combined top quality craftsmanship with innovation.
- We have chosen it because… Swirling the wine while tasting is a classic action that seldom is done lightly and elegantly. This is the answer: with this wine glass, you decant your wine naturally and imperceptibly as you digress with your guests.