e’ve spotted it at Maison&Objet 2018 and it was an instant hit. Vito Nesta, the newest brand on the scene, draws from international travel and the different cultures around the world to give shape to creative dreamy pieces. Vito Nesta designs for a home built on dreams and emotions.
- What is it? Grand Tour by Vito Nesta is the latest interior design series on the market.
- What is special about it? As the name might suggest, the collection is actually inspired by the Grand Tour, which was essentially a cultural tour of Europe undertaken, especially in the 18th century, by a young man of the upper classes as a part of his education. So, plates, fabrics and pottery become real works of art, where successive landscapes fill the air with different emotions and suggestions.
- How is it made? Pottery and homeware inspired by international travel. The Grand Tour collection includes a plate set, a carpet, porcelain hands and small decorations.
- Who is it by? Barely thirty years old, the young designer Vito Nesta draws from the world of travel. Originally from Puglia, southern Italy, he now lives and works in Milan, yet he’s a citizen of the world in the true sense of the world, as he has rapidly made a name for himself on the international design scene. Vito’s distinctive design style elegantly brings together poetry, visions and travel memories, his work includes fabric design, wallpaper, carpets and tableware.
- We have chosen it because… His decorations are evocative images that strike a chord: Vito Nesta’s symbols and stores take us to distant lands, excites us with dreamy moods, takes us to a place where time has stopped and makes our minds travel. As Vito himself has said "The walls of your home hide the key for finding your dream, every day”.