ittala X Issey Miyake is an extensive homeware range; this includes plates, bowls, vases, placemats, cushions and even tote bags, inspired by the ancient Japanese art of origami. This series is designed by Japanese fashion designer Issey Miyake for Finnish brand Iittala. With its crisp aesthetics and 3D textiles, Iittala X Issey Miyake adds a touch of refinement to any home.
- What is it? Iittala X Issey Miyake is an extensive homeware range, inspired by the art of origami.
- What is special about it? With its crease-proof tablemats, 3D napkins and origami-style flowers, Iittala X Issey Miyake dresses the table with simplicity, as well as adding that extra bit of drama. There are also ceramic plates and bowls with crisp aesthetics. And you can even add an oriental touch to your living room with pleated cushions. And what if you want to go out? There are also pleated tote bags, really trendy and chic.
- How is it made? Pleated crease-proof textile accessories, available in a variety of different colours, as well as ceramic plates and blows in grey, white and pale-pink and vases in either clear or colourful glass.
- Who is it by Japanese fashion designer Issey Miyake is known around the world for his unique talent in bringing together ancient traditions and new technology. And by trying to meet daily needs and habits, he designs extremely creative pieces which evoke pleasant emotions.
- We have chosen it because… Iittala X Issey Miyake brings together the precision and simplicity of Japanese design and a more general perspective on oriental aesthetics. What’s more, Iittala X Issey Miyake adds an elegant touch to table, living room and also comes with you when you leave to go to work or shopping.