nspired by Eastern culture, this piece is the perfect blend of poetry and cutting-edge technology. The result is a bird in a cage that acts as a beautiful bedside lamp and music speakers.
- What is it? JinGoo by Moroni Gomma is a lamp that doubles up as a bluetooth speaker.
- What is special about it? The classic aesthetics of the bird cage is perfect for creating a pleasant mood: it plays your favourite tunes with superb sound quality. Ironic and technologically advanced, JinGoo is so special that it received the 2016 Good Design Award.
- How is it made? It combines craftsmanship with technology. Its base is made from solid wood (Chinese fir for the white cage and Taiwanese acacia for the black one) and the diffuser (3-way lights) is made according to the ancient tradition of the Taiwanese town of Yingge, famous for being home to ceramic crafts. The cage is made from round metal wire. It comes with a built-in usb port, tweeter and woofer speakers for superb sound quality. Jingoo is available in three different styles: white bird (White Hwamei), gold (Phoenix) and blue (L’oiseau Bleu).
- Who is it by? Daqi Concept, a Taiwan-based studio founded in 2015. The name of the studio describes their philosophy: good things need time and patience, just like their design.
- We have chosen it because… It brings together eastern aesthetics, clean lines and cutting-edge technology. What’s more, it's fun and make us smile. JinGoo is the perfect gift to leave under the tree.