lemon squeezer is a key piece in any kitchen. However, the real must-have utensil of the summer is this sculptural juicer; show it off like a trophy. Juicer by Elinor Portnoy has a design inspired by glaciers and is available in a variety of different sorbet tones, which immediately makes us crave for fresh lemonade.
- What is it? Juicer is a sculptural lemon squeezer in coloured glass.
- What is special about it? Juicer is inspired by freshly squeezed fruit and icicles. In fact, at once, Juicer makes us crave for an ice-cold drink. And without taking into account that it’s also lightweight; its body is hollow and easy to use.
- How is it made? Juicer made from different coloured glass in contrasting tones. Juicer is manufactured using a specific material subtraction technique, applied when the glass is cooling down. The body is hollow, while the exterior has a sandblast finish for a non-slip grip.
- Who is it by? Elinor Portnoy is a young London-based industrial designer, who loves to transform the most mundane objects into small details of style. Juicer is designed to be display as a sculptural piece and to be used with great ease every day of the week.
- We have chosen it because… Open plan kitchens need elegant and scenic accessories, which you can display at all times. And this lemon squeezer with a sculptural design, yet also extremely functional, seems to be at the forefront of a new breed of everyday elegance.