he bottom half is a conventional mixer tap and the top half is a functional tray, where you can leave soap and creams. This is the latest by Kartell by Laufen, it gives a stylish touch to any bathroom.
- What is it? Kartell by Laufen is a wall-mounted bathroom mixer tap, freestanding version also available.
- What is special about it? This is a simple piece, however it turns a conventional tap into a stylish bathroom accessory. This mixer tap is hidden by a plastic tray, where you can leave soap, perfume bottles and creams.
- How is it made? Brass washer fitted on wall-mounted unit, while cartridge concealed inside tap for easy maintenance. Various styles available (washbasin, bidet, bathtub and shower cubicle) and it also comes with fixed nozzle and joystick cartridge.
- Who is it by? Ludovica and Roberto Palomba are the two designers, who in 1994 set up studio Palomba Serafini Associati. They focus on top quality pieces, which, throughout the years, have received various coveted prizes like the Compasso d’Oro Award, the Red Dot Award, the Design Plus Award, the Product Innovation Award and many more besides. And what’s their trademark? Being able to mix together functionality and style; this instantly builds a dialogue with a wide variety of people.
- We have chosen it because... Generally, washbasins are untidy messy things with soap dishes and toothbrush holders. However, this brilliant mixer tap keeps everything looking spick-and-span and within reach.