ake for example one of Giorgio Morandi’s paintings and imagine you are touching his bottles in yellow, sky-blue, powder-pink and cream. We did so at the 2018 Salone del Mobile, here we came across an iconic series of vases that combine the painter Giorgio Morandi’s style and the mood of the Mediterranean. Le Morandine by Sonia Pedrazzini turn design in poetry.
- What is it? Le Morandine by Sonia Pedrazzini is a series of vases inspired by the work of painter Giorgio Morandi.
- What is special about it? A tribute to Giorgio Morandi, this series helps us relate to the painter’s work. In fact, with these vases, directly inspired by Morandi’s paintings, we can refresh our home decor, playing with light, shadow, shape and mood.
- How is it made? It’s a series of hand painted ceramic vases, inspired by Giorgio Morandi’s work (in the same way as last year’s candles). The surface has a chalky, matt feel, the colours are the exact same ones used by the painter.
- Who is it by? Bornon the island of Capri, Sonia Pedrazzini is an eclectic designer who owns her own brand Le Morandine. She is inspired by the silhouettes and bright colours of the Mediterranean, which she combines with references to contemporary culture, art and nature. Sonia’s work goes from mass-production to limited-edition pieces, from packaging design to artistic direction. As a result, her designs have a poetic undertone, as well as having a handmade finish and display different emotions through contrasts, highlights, shadows and lights.
- We have chosen it because… Le Morandine by Sonia Pedrazzini are effectively the three-dimensional version Giorgio Morandi’s work. The designer’s main aim is to approach the painter’s work, in fact these austere-looking vases are so iconic and magnetic that they instantly capture our attention. And they awake your inner artist, encouraging you to decorate the home in perfect Morandi-style.