ltra-lightweight, smart, engaging and fast; these are all the different attributes we want our mobile phone to have. And what if we want something that’s a lot simpler than this? In fact, the right phone for us is MP01 by Jasper Morrison for Punkt. MP01 just came out at the London Design Festival and it’s a most elegant and simple provocation.
- What is it? MP01 is a mobile phone with simple settings.
- What is special about it? In an era ruled by smart technology, MP01 swims against the current and makes of simplicity its strong suit. No apps are allowed, you can use MP01 only to phone, text, to tell time and date and to set an alarm clock. However, MP01 has a remarkably simple design by Jasper Morrison.
- How is it made? MP01 has a strikingly stark aesthetic: it has a mini 2 inch screen, 500 hour battery-life when on standby and a 5 hour usage.
- Who is it by? Jasper Morrison is renowned for a simple and clean aesthetic, which draws on basic shapes and lines. In fact, he’s motto could very well be (borrowed from another great designer, Mies Van der Rohe) “Less is more”, in other words, function above all.
- We have chosen it because… We feel that these ultra-smart phones with an infinite array of settings are starting to get a little bit dated. In fact, we are rapidly being swallowed up by a multitude of apps, updates and settings. MP01 has a retro vibe and takes us back to times gone by, when our mobile phone could only…phone.