re you aware of the timeless moka pot, invented in the thirties by Alfonso Bialetti? David Chipperfiled pays tribute with this geometric reinterpretation. It’s elegant, fierce and extremely current.
- What is it Moka by Alessi, a new coffee maker.
- What is special It reinterprets the archetypal coffee maker by transforming this iconic object into an extremely new and current piece (without depriving it of its “familiar” aesthetic. It represents the perfect contemporary tribute to Alfonso Bialetti, the person who invented the moka.
- How is it made Its geometric shape is formed by a structure with eleven sides and a flat lid in die-cast aluminium in a grey finish. The innovative aspect lies in the details: its large base increases heat transmission, the lateral knob in PA helps you easily lift the lid and the external handle in PA shelters you from the flame. It’s suitable for gas flames, electric and ceramic-glass hobs and in addition, it’s available for one, three and six cups.
- Who is it by The iconic British architect and designer David Chipperfield split his time between his four headquarters in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai. Considered one of the most famous living architects, his style is serious, concrete and not at all ostentatious. Besides, understated elegance is his distinctive feature.
- We have chosen it because… With Moka by Alessi, David Chipperfield has successfully given new life to the standard moka – an integral part of Italian culture – transforming into a extremely current piece, as if it were brand-new.