ello is Odo Frioravanti’s new winning idea, designed for Palomar: a small magnetic sphere, which goes on your bicycle handlebar. And when you get off, this fun accessory goes in your pocket. Elegant, functional and theft-proof; this is Nello in brief.
- What is it? Nello by Palomar is a magnetic bicycle bell.
- What is special about it? Nello is a simple sphere. And this is already saying something, if you think of what conventional bicycle bells are usually like. What’s more, it has a very simple mechanism, which is nonetheless a touch of genius: a removable magnetic strap, which goes round the handlebar. Nello is waterproof and has a choice of three different sounds.
- How is it made? Nello is a rubber sphere with strap in same material. The strap has a built-in magnet, so it can be mounted onto a bicycle handlebar. What’s more, Nello comes in a choice of three different sounds, you just need to take the bell off to change sound. Available in grey, black or red.
- Who is it by? Italian designer Odo Fioravanti is best known for his eclectic production, which goes from a bicycle bell to a stylish pocket book, from chairs to lamps. Clean and simple aesthetics, realistic pricing and clever distribution; this is his signature style.
- We have chosen it because… At last, an original bicycle bell! And we don’t even have to resort to ducks or other little animals, which we feel are more appropriate for a younger audience. Nello is chic, functional and perfect for any kind of bike, be it retro, ultra-lux or even a mountain bike.