Everyone knows that magic often comes out of a top-hat. And Net Light, this cylindrical vase by Serralunga, is pure magic: it's both a lamp and a “green” sculpture, suitable for either indoors or out.
- What is it? Net Light, is a vase designed for creepers. However, it can also be used as a lamp.
- What is special about it? Net Light has a simple and clean aesthetic, an almost “basic” shape. In fact, it's really just a cylinder. However, thanks to its mesh, designed for climbing plants, and to built-in lights, it also becomes a versatile home accessory, always original and of great impact.
- How is it made? Frame in moulded polyethylene, resistant to UV rays and powder-coated mesh base, also suitable for outdoors.
- Who is it by? Two ever-evolving designers. Fabio Bortolani, architect and designer from Modena, Italy, has won a number of International awards, including the 2001 Compasso d'Oro prize. Ermanno Righi, an engineer with a keen interest in patenting and developing new ideas (he boasts more than 15 pototypes in mechanical engineering). Their ideas are so innovative that they need “to be patented”.
- We have chosen it because... This is a multifunctional piece: Net Light is both a lamp and a vase. It will bring a personal touch to any space. Place it on the roof terrace: by day, it's a practical vase and by night, it becomes mood lighting.