Oblio by Lexon: wireless charging station with built-in UV sanitizer - design Manuela Simonelli & Andrea Quaglio
y looking at it, it seems to be a simple vase. Instead —surprise!— it is a revolutionary wireless battery charger that disinfects our smartphones for us whenever we want.
- What it is Oblio by Lexon, the wireless battery charger that sanitizes cellphones.
- What makes it special It looks like a simple vase, but it is instead a phone charger. And it’s not just that: this innovative and unexpected wireless system also sanitizes our smartphone, disinfecting the screen thanks to a special LED UV.
- How it is made It is a wireless charging station for cellphones that also works as an antibacterial system. Just place your phone inside to simultaneously charge it and clean its screen, eliminating germs and bacteria thanks a special disinfecting built-in LED UV.
- Whose idea it is Manuela Simonelli and Andrea Quaglio of Quaglio Simonelli studio. Graduated from the Università del Progetto di Reggio Emilia, they opened their studio in Paris two years after their debut in the world of design alongside Philippe Starck. Their curious way of looking at the world and desire to provoke change has brought them to work in various fields as they consider diversification a source of creative wealth. Thanks to their innovative and original design, they create objects that are apparently familiar but are fitted with unexpected and poetic elements—winning them various international awards.
- We chose it because… Innovative, practical, unusual: this wireless battery charger has amazed and won us over. Firstly, because it appears to be a simple vase, and it looks good on any surface in contrast with some hi-tech devices that we would like to keep hidden. Secondly, in addition to charging cellphones without the need of wires and plugs (it gets placed inside), it gives our phones back to us perfectly sanitized and cleaned.