re you one for original and dramatic tablescapes? So, Penisole by Recycled Stones should be right up your alley. Soon to be launched at the 2017 Salone del Mobile, Milan, Penisole by Recycled Stones is a set of marble tablemats. It turns marble production scraps into unique table mats.
- What is it? Penisole by Recycled Stones is a set of marble tablemats.
- What is special about it? It turns marble production scraps into unique and extremely elegant table mats.
- How is it made? The Penisole set is made from offcuts of Palissandro marble (in grey or cream) which are cut to size and then sanded down. Each tablemat reuses offcuts from drilling and milling. The set can be paired up with different complementary lines (Alterazioni, Isole, Dati, Paesaggi di Dati, Sequenza di Alterazioni), which include marble centrepieces, table runners, cutlery rests and chopping boards.
- Who is it by? Visionary designer Tiziana Scaciga Moro has spent all her life around marble (her family runs a business in this field), and in her youth rapidly developed an awareness for preserving natural resources. In fact, Tiziana set up non-profit Recycled Stones with the main intent of promoting environmental sustainability.
- We have chosen it because… Penisole is made from simple marble offcuts, however each piece has a different story to tell, adding a poetic twist to your table setting.