s it possible to transform the traditional pencil into an extraordinary designer object? Perpetua is the answer, a pencil made entirely out of recycled graphite with an integrated rubber too. Perpetua is so unique and groundbreaking that it received an honourable mention at the Compasso d’Oro awards.
- What is it Perpetua is a pencil by Perpetua for Alisea, the pencil in graphite powder.
- What is special Perpetua is the first pencil made entirely out of recycled graphite, the by product of industrial production. Perpetua is a real iconic, innovative object that combines design with sustainability. In fact, it received an honourable mention at the 2016 Compasso d’Oro awards.
- How is it made Perpetua is made entirely out of Zantech®, an innovative material composed of 80% graphite (contrarily to standard pencils that have a central led and a wooden body): recycled from the by-products of Italian industrial production, it requires no additional varnish, glue or manufacturing process. Perpetua is personalised to suit your individual taste and is currently available at the new Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Milan, combined with four notebooks designed by tools linked to coffee production as well as limited edition t-shirts by WRÅD Endorsed by Perpetua.
- Who is it by Alisea is an Italian brand with a 20 year-long history in the worlds of design and circular economy. Perpetua is designed by Marta Giardini, who’s transformed pencils into her inseparable companions.
- We have chosen it because… There are many pencils on the market, but none like Perpetua. Perpetua is unique, sustainable and doesn’t leave a mark, it has a flat side so it doesn’t roll away, it’s durable, it doesn’t shatter, it keeps writing whether it’s broken in half or it’s blunt, you sharpen it and its rubber is an integral part of the pencil itself. Do we need to highlight more?