here are skiers on the slopes, tractors plowing the fields, ships in the middle of the ocean and animals that roam the forest. And then there are hidden scenes and characters that surprise and create new decorations for us. How? With a snip of scissors and plenty of imagination.
- What is it Snip-Snap by Yuri Himuro, the transformative textile collection.
- What makes it special It is a collection of textiles with naïve, funny and poetic subjects that tells many stories. But first of all, they are magic textiles because with a snip of the scissors they reveal new and unexpected scenes that allow us to create an infinite number of decorations.
- How it is made It is a collection of customizable textiles to be cut as one pleases: each textile presents different scenes that go from frozen lake to forests, blue skies, wild animals and wheat fields where new characters always show up. Thanks to a special double textile structure each textile hides other scenes: just cut the textile to magically reveal new characters and landscapes.
- Whose idea it is Yuri Himuro, the young multi-talented Japanese artist and textile designer who first studied in Japan and then in Finland. He has received numerous youth accolades in subjects ranging from design to art. His style plays with poetry and surprise.
- We chose it because… Each textile tells a story, but the most interesting thing is that, with a pair of scissors in hand, we are the authors of these stories. In this way we can decorate our homes with a unique, “tailored” atmosphere that can be changed any time we want.