gourmet omelette with an oriental flavour; this is Lara Caffi’s new recipe. Is she an emerging young chef? No. With an ounce of culinary creativity, Lara has designed this square pan: traditional Japanese culture coupled with an eye towards the future.
- What is it? The Omelette by KnIndustrie is a square omelette pan.
- What is special about it? Inspired by traditional Japanese culture, The Omelette brings to mind the Tamagoyaki pan generally used for frying omelettes and bento. This tiny revolution re-invents the traditional omelette as well as creating a more dramatic table setting: because, as you well know, you should also please the eye.
- How is it made? In non-stick steel, especially designed to distribute heat evenly, in the same way as the traditional round pan. The handle is in wengè.
- Who is it by? Lara Caffi is an eclectic young designer, her body of work includes graphics, interior design and industrial design. She favours pure lines and adding a feminine, poetic touch to everyday objects.
- We have chosen it because… The Omelette by KnIndustrie has an oriental style (in fact, it’s inspired by the Tamagoyaki pan, traditionally used in Japanese culture) as well as being elegant and practical. With Omelette by KnIndustrie, the traditional omelette becomes a gourmet dish.