Cake stands, bowls, jugs and vases in bold colourful shapes and precious materials; this is the latest homeware series by Aldo Cibic for Paola C. This homeware series by Aldo Cibic for Paola C was launched at the 2016 Fuorisalone fringe events and it immediately caught our eye. What’s more, it adds an ironic, sparkling and witty touch to any tablescape.
- What is it? A homeware series in ceramic and blown-glass, designed by Aldo Cibic for Paola C.
- What is special about it? Basetto, Base, Cuppino, Minicuppino, Cuppone, Gambone, Gambino, Karaffa, Karaffino; this is how the pieces are named. This is enough to make us smile and what’s more, it adds a fun touch to our table. They can be used as standalone pieces or as part of a set.
- How is it made? This homeware series includes bowls, cups, jugs and cake stands. All pieces can be taken apart and re-assembled in a variety of different ways. For instance, the cake stand becomes a base for the jug, the cup becomes a lid for the vase, two cups can overlap to form a large sweet caddy.
- Who is it by? Architect and designer Aldo Cibic, who moved to Milan in 1979 to work with Ettore Sottsass and with whom set up Memphis. Internationally renowned, Aldo’s practice Cibic&Partners has a wide ranging production which goes from architecture to interior design and from multimedia communication to product design.
- We have chosen it because… We really like this homeware series, because it brings together fun product names, bold silhouettes and precious materials. And what’s more, they can be assembled and re-assembled in a variety of different way; this is a witty addition to any tablescape.