artell Kids has it all: swing, stool, craft table, lamp, armchair, bookcase, rocking horse, pedal car and even a tractor. Kartell Kids is the new kids collection launched by Kartell at the 2016 Salone del Mobile, Milan. Certainly, Kartell Kids will appeal to budding new designers and design addicts of any age.
- What is it? Kartell Kids is the new kids collection by Kartell.
- What is special about it? Kartell has translated its distinctive design principles to the kids’ realm: irony, cheek and playfulness are the soul of this collection. What’s more, Kartell Kids is guaranteed to be a huge hit with kids and parents alike.
- How is it made? This comprehensive furniture and accessory range is in colourful see-through methacrylate, by different world-class designers: Ferruccio Laviani, Nendo, Philippe Starck, Piero Lissoni, Giulio Polvara and Ron Arad. Some of the pieces are scale-down renditions of original Kartell designs, whilst others have been especially made for this collection.
- Who is it by? Designers to have contributed to this collection are: Nendo with the H-horse rocking horse, Ferruccio Laviani with the Clip Clap modular craft table, Piero Lissoni with the Discovolante pedal car and the Testacalda tractor and Philippe Starck with the Airway swing. Kartell Kids also includes renditions of the Lou Lou Ghost armchair by Philippe Starck, the Fl/y lamp by Ferruccio Laviani, the modular bookcase by Giulio Polvara and Bookworm by Ron Arad.
- We have chosen it because… Without a doubt, kids furniture is fun and bound to make us smile. We have fallen in love with Kartell Kids, because it brings together designs borrowed from the adult world and those especially made for playtime, inspired by a fantasy world. And the result was bound to be spectacular. So, don’t you feel it’s time to redecorate the kids’ room?