self-growing plant stand, which basically takes care of itself. No, it’s not a dream, it’s Window Garden by Danese. The latest in indoor gardening, Window Garden was just launched at the 2016 Salone del Mobile, Milan. Window Garden is pure genius, guaranteed to turn you into a budding gardener in no time.
- What is it? Window Garden by Danese is a self-growing plant stand with a built-in smart irrigation system.
- What is special about it? Simple yet really smart design: different flower pots which can be assembled in a variety of different ways. Each pot is fitted with a hidden section, especially designed for hydroculture. So, basically these pots water and nourish the plants all year round.
- How is it made? Flower pots in high-pressure porcelain, fitted with a hidden section, especially designed for hydroculture. These interconnecting pots form a smart irrigation system; this works both by pumping water or when water naturally flows downwards. Window Garden is built using modular load-bearing and hanging components, which can be assembled in a variety of different ways.
- Who is it by? Set up in 2005 by Bjarke Ingels, BIG is one of the most ground-breaking practices in the world of urban design. BIG is known for its futuristic and innovative designs, which rethink contemporary living. What’s more, technology plays a large part in each project, however these complex mechanisms are usually hidden.
- We have chosen it because… Window Garden is designed for growing herbs and vegetables in front of a window. It can be assembled to suit individual taste and needs, it adds a touch of green to your living room, kitchen and even study. And the best part is, Window Garden grows by itself: fresh vegetables and herbs on your table without any hassle at all.