lightweight foldable chair ideal for the dining room or as an armchair on the terrace; this Xenia by Eumenes. We have just spotted Xenia at the 2016 Salone del Mobile, Milan and it was love at first sight: it has a removable fabric cover with pockets, ideal for any home.
- What is it? Xenia by Eumenes is a foldable armchair, suitable for either indoors or out.
- What is special about it? Xenia is functional, lightweight and distinctly versatile. Xenia can be used as occasional chairs indoors or even on your balcony, so you can chill with sunglasses and a paper, which you can store in its pockets. And, it changes look in a second: in this way, it’ll be like owning many different chairs at once.
- How is it made? Tubular frame in stainless steel and die-cast aluminium; this supports a padded shell. Removable fabric cover in polypropylene (available in 11 different colours) with back and side pockets, ideal for keeping newspaper, glasses, ipad, mobile and the list goes on.
- Who is it by? Architects and designers Lodovica+Roberto Palomba Serafini, possibly the hottest couple at the moment in the design industry. They have been working together since 1994 (partners of the studio Palomba Serafini Associati in Milan) and their work ranges from architecture to product design, but also includes artistic direction, marketing and communication. What’s their strength? To design without any restraints, able to instantly connect with the general public, interpreting dreams and needs.
- We have chosen it because… With its simple functionality, Xenia is exactly what we’ve been looking for: comfy, versatile and aesthetically pleasing. Xenia by Eumenes will suit any home.