xpect neither a conference nor a seminar. They are however intellectually stimulating debates that involve the directors of prestigious publications such as Abitare, AD Architectural Digest, DDN, Domus, Il Bagno Oggi e Domani, Interni, Chiesa Oggi, L’Arca International, La Repubblica, Marie Claire Maison, Suite, The Plan, Monitorimmobiliare. A chance to compare and exchange thoughts and ideas with the key players on the Italian and international architecture scene, analysing the currents trends and the way in which the worlds of interior finishes, materials, technology and bathroom decor have evolved in recent years.
The talks are split into three different moments: Breakfast Time (from 10 to 10.45), Appetizer Time (from 12 to 12.45) and finally Coffee Time (from 15 to 15.45).
The jam-packed calendar of events runs from Monday the 24th to the 28th September.
Here, is a brief account for your diaries:
- Monday 24 September at 12.00 at the La Repubblica Caffè a talk on Il duro e il tenero - ceramica e design, non solo un flirt with speakers such as Aurelio Magistà and Ferruccio Laviani. At 15.00 a talk with the title Edonismo: segni d’acqua, curated by Marie Claire Maison Café con Patrizia Piccinini, Giampaolo Benedini, Diego Gabasio and Francesco Lucchese.
- Tuesday 25 Settembre at 10.00 it’s time for Musica ceramica - strumenti musicali in ceramica dal mondo at the Domus Café with a debate between Simona Bordone, Stefano Zenni and Dudù Kouate. Le superfici del design tra decoro e ornamento will follow at 12.00, at the DDN Café, with Francesca Russo and Cinzia Pagni. In closing at 15.00 at the Plan Café a talk with the title I materiali dell’architettura with Nicola Leonardi, Giovanni Multari and Bendetto Camerana.
- Wednesday 26 September starting at 10.00 at the Suite Café a talk entitled Future Boutique Hotel - nascita, sviluppo e scenari futuri del boutique hotel with the speakers Baserga and Armando Bruno. The second event, held at 12.00, is at the Interni Café and has the title of La ceramica nel progetto sostenibile with Gilda Bojardi, Mario Cucinella and Massimo Imparato. At 15.00, the last event of the day, held at the AD Cafè, is entitled Dai grandi formati ai dettagli decorativi: come la ceramica sta cambiando l’Interior design with the participation of Ettore Mocchetti, Roberto Palomba, Massimo Iosa Ghini and Alessandro Ubertazzi.
- Thursday 27 September at 10.00, the Breakfast Time talk entitled L’architettura degli interni e il design is held at the Arca International Café with Cesare Maria Casati, Sebastiano Raneri e Dante O. Benini. At 12.00 however, there’s a debate entitled Planetary Boundaries: l’ultima frontiera del progetto, held at the Abitare Café with Silvia Botti, GianCarlo Magnoli Bocchi and Alvise Simonetti. At 15.00 the talk entitled Re-Concept: un nuovo design per un nuovo abitare with Cristina Mandrini, Giulia Ceriani and Davide and Gabriele Adriano held at the Il Bagno Oggi e Domani Cafè.
- Friday 28 September at 11.00, the talk entitled I grandi progetti immobiliari in Italia held at the Monitorimmobiliare Café with the participation of Maurizio Canone, Giuseppe Bonomi, Davide Albertini Pedroni and Cesare Ferrero. At 12.00, the final talk of the Cafè della Stampa, held at the Chiesa Oggi Café, the main theme is Chiese dismesse: un patrimonio da valorizzare with Giuseppe Maria Jonghi Lavarini, Caterina Carrello, Era Corbetta, Franco Pistocco and Luca Zen.